After a couple of days worth of lull, I decide to take on a few spur-of-the-moment PHP website development challenges. In this case, what began as a color thumbnail generator written from scratch has evolved into a full-fledged HTML5 / PHP / jQuery random color generators.
- Numerous features powered by Query parameters (“http://www.atwebsitedesign.com/colorgenerator/index.php?bg=white&lastcolor=555555”, for instance)
- Most actions update a unique URL you can share with friends to let them see the great color scheme you’ve found over social networks, etc
- Add new randomly generated color tiles
- copy-and-paste hex color code output (more output formats to come!)
- HTML5 (standards compliant)
- The unique share URL imports your custom color scheme, clicked colors, and last color so you won’t be starting from scratch if you hit refresh.
To View It:
Click the big “View Demonstration” button to the right (or, if you can’t see it, click the article’s title until it’s just this article.)